Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Started my Internship!

This past week has been a busy but not as interesting week as the previous. My 21st birthday was last Friday. Unfortunately for me I had to work at my new internship Friday and Saturday 7-4. Until August 7th I will be doing an internship at TK Maxx. Yes, TK Maxx and TJ Maxx are the same thing and owned by the same company. But this TK Maxx is not your regular TJ Maxx.. it is HUGE. There are 3 floors and it is just filled with stuff. For the last couple of days I have just been putting away clothes, accessories, and lots of shoes. I am expecting to work in the office soon, although at this rate I'm not so sure that that is going to happen. But fingers crossed.

Although a day late, I was able to celebrate my birthday with some of my friends. We went to Cologne for the evening and had a great time. Ohh! But before that, on Saturday at work, I met and had a conversation with the "Chef" (head of) TK Maxx in Germany, so that was pretty nifty.

Other than that, not much interesting has happened. I'm pretty home sick; I miss my family and  Auggie the Doggie... also, I miss cheap soda. Many will be happy to hear that my soda habit is not nearly as bad as it once was, because of how expensive soda is here. However, since coffee and beer are cheaper than soda and water, they have become my substitutes.

I wish I was still able to travel as much as we were during class, but I know this internship is going to be a good experience for me! I'll write soon!

Tschüss!

No comments:

Post a Comment