Wednesday, July 3, 2013

3 Days in Berlin

The first night in Berlin was tons of fun. As stated earlier, we pre-celebrated my 21st birthday. The night life was tons of fun; we went to Alexanderplatz in East Berlin, it was close to where we were staying. While we were out, there were tons of Bachelor and Bachelorette parties and more tourist than Germans, but we seemed to be the only Americans.

Needless to say, the next morning on our 5 hour tour of Berlin, was a little difficult for me. But, I am so happy I went. Even though we mainly stayed on the East side of Berlin, there was still so much to see. Unfortunately I was not completely enamored by the city. It was not as beautiful as some of the other reconstructed cities. But still I feel very fortunate I got to spend 3 days in Berlin.






 
Ofcourse, right behind US line there is a McDonalds, how apropo!
The Berlin Wall! (and some people using a 5 person bicycle!)


 This used to be the Nazi headquarters, now its the treasury for Germany
 The Brandenburg Gate
 The Reichstag Building (Where Parliament meets)



  
View from the top of the Reichstag Building
 
 Currywurst started in Berlin!


 Ofcourse, I left the day Berlin Fashion Week started, what are the odds of that happening?

Overall, it was a great excursion. I learned and saw a lot. I wish there was time for a break but I start my internship at TK Maxx tomorrow. Wish me luck! 

Tschüss! 

No comments:

Post a Comment